Two people obsessed with climbing, who can't seem to escape epics. "Epic" by definition is to come in close encounter with death, adventure, disaster, harsh conditions, etc. Most are extremely frustrating at the time, but tend to be pretty funny after the event has taken place. You get the idea...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summertime Blues (version 2)



Here's my version of what happened...

So we're on our way to the red with a whole 5 days of climbing ahead of us and we are all stoked as hell!

As we're driving down, I ask Nate to read me off the directions as we go. We reach Indianapolis and take the turn. It's probably about 11pm, and we're all excited except our buddy Sandman, who slept for the ENTIRE trip down.






I'm looking around as is Derus, and we're like yeah this is definitely where we want to go. "Yup I remember that building." So we're all good right?

Derus promptly falls asleep, and I am forced to blast songs I know to stay awake since I am getting mad tired.

87 Miles later I see a sign approaching and I am like "Sweet, here comes Kentucky!"






"Welcome to Illinois"


Are you kidding me...


Seriously...

this is how the conversation went.

"DERUS! We're in f*cking Illinios"

"We are? That's not good."




"NO it's not"

So we turn around, add another 3 hours onto our already delayed late trip. I wake Sandman up several hours later and make him drive (Sandman adventures to be posted at a later date).



We arrive at Miguel's at 8AM, and my buddy Zak is in the parking lot.

"Hey, what took you so long?"

"You don't want to know."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! nate is sitting next to me and he told me its sposed to be an 8 hours drive and he gave you shitty directions and so it took you 15 hours. wow that sucks! but his story is in more detail

Epic Traveler said...

yeah skrobeyy it was zero good... haha funny in hindsight though.

we're heading back down to the red next weekend, i can only imagine there will be more epics!

-Z